on oct. 16, provost michelle mattson announced plans for spring semester, including significant modifications to the academic calendar. read message here.
the fall implementation team (fit) met meeting weekly over the summer to consider how best to support faculty throughout the fall semester and return to in-person learning. below are some resources we have developed. we understand the situation is still fluid, and we will update the documents and this web page as necessary.
- classroom protocol (cleaning procedures and student/faculty behavior)
- classroom technology
- classroom organization (classroom spacing and capacities)
a (possibly) helpful anagram to share with students:
please remember: faculty must track student attendance in order to facilitate contact tracing. it is recommended that faculty use one of the available electronic-tracking methods (either self-service or moodle).
following are further resources that can prove valuable for the fall semester.
academic calendar: 2020-2021
requesting ada accommodations relating to teaching
these decisions for faculty will be made by the provost in consultation with hr. all authorizations for faculty must come from the provost.
- fill out the form found here
- check the cdc list of conditions that they recognize as warranting such accommodations
- if your concerns are not covered by cdc guidance, you may still submit a request to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
we will respond as generously and as promptly as possible.
additional faculty resources for teaching and advising.