as of october 15, 2020, and due to the increase in covid cases in the us and abroad, wittenberg has canceled the spring 2021 witt in witt and witt in costa rica study abroad programs. plans are underway for either summer or fall programs in both locations.
individual study abroad plans, or non-wittenberg-run programs, are dependent on destination. please contact the office of international education for further information via email at email@example.com. we continue to follow the guidance of public health, government, and our international partners during this time.
ohio governor mike dewine announced a travel advisory for all individuals coming into ohio from states reporting positive covid-19 testing rates of 15 percent or higher. ohioans traveling from a list of states that is updated each week should self quarantine for 14 days. learn more
general off-campus travel
to limit virus transfer, wittenberg-sponsored off-campus travel should be limited to clark county. any local travel will need to be approved on a case-by-case basis by division vice presidents.
employee personal travel
- during this covid-19 pandemic, personal travel should include consideration of risks associated with the type of travel chosen as well as the destination and return advisories in place at the time of travel.
- any wittenberg employee who decides to personally travel during the pandemic should reference the cdc content for traveling in the u.s. found here.
- any employee traveling to a state that has a positivity rate at or above 15% must self-quarantine for 14 days prior to working on the wittenberg campus. this information can be found here.
- please continue to practice appropriate precautions while traveling to best protect yourself and your family from exposure to the covid-19 virus.
students traveling to campus
students should observe self-quarantine at their homes for 10-14 days prior to traveling to campus. if this is not possible or their travel necessitates interactions with others outside of their household (i.e. airports, bus or train stations, gas stations, etc.), we ask that they observe self-quarantine in their campus residence or an off-campus location if they cannot self-quarantine in their campus residence.
- self-quarantine expectations include limiting all contact with individuals outside of their household (of home residence, not campus residence), utilizing meal delivery options available on campus instead of going to campus dining venues, and ensuring that they are sanitizing any common spaces use needed (shared restrooms or kitchens) after each use. they should also avoid any use of shared spaces, especially when other occupants are present.
- during self-quarantine, students are expected to monitor for signs of covid-19 symptoms daily and report any emergence of symptoms to the university immediately, via the health center or the covid-19 report a concern form. emergence of symptoms will necessitate a move to designated isolation housing.